Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The 50's make up

   Yesterday I wrote a post about the make up they used to wear during the 40's. Today I am gonna write about the 50's . Actually, as soon as I have some time I will post the 20's and the 30's as well along with the contouring post that I promised to write.
   First of all, thank you for you feedback, thanks for sharing yesterday's post.
   So, the 50's...Audrey Hepburn was a fashion icon at that time, Marilyn Monroe as well. During the 50's they tend to draw an upward line on the upper lid, the lips had a more natural look, but the red colour was still the favorite of the time. The eyebrows were getting thicker comparing to the previous decades.
   Marilyn Monroe was an exception to the upward liner. Her eyeliner was getting thicker to the middle of the upper lid and a bit descending at the outer corner of the lid.
   The eye make up was accompanied by a few fake eyelashes applied on the outer corner of the eye.
   Audrey Hepburn had very special eyebrows. The so called gull wing eyebrows were complementing her gazelle eyes. This way of describing her face became so famous and they are still used to describe the slender eyebrows, and the big shy eyes.



Audrey Hepburn


Marilyn Monroe


















I also did this look on a second person. The eyeliner is the one that follows Marilyn Monroe's look.



You can see here the eyeliner. You can choose the look you prefer,or that one that suits you better.

 Really hope you like this post.  Stay tuned for the next one:*!

5 comments:

  1. Love this style! The 50s were a great time in style and fashion and I must admit that I rock that cat eye and red lip very often with my look.

    Thanks for the tips I'll be sure to use them next time.

    --MiMi

    thestylishmimi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that from all the decades that I have studied, this is the make up that I love. the 50's Is finally the expresion of beauty. I am glad you will use the tips. :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may relate my own makeup more to the 50's style, especially with the red lip and the upward wing shape of my eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! The 50's is my favorite! I love the red lip too!

    ReplyDelete