Monday, January 14, 2013

The 40's make up

   Today I'm gonna tell you about the 40's make up, I will post a picture of my make up along with one of that decade.
   Basically this look is very simplified. For the upper lid one black line , more or less smudged.On the lower lid there is no make up, rarely a "touch of shadow". Going back to the upper lid, we must correct the shape by putting a brown eyeshadow into the crease.We want to create a deeper eye.
   The fake eyelashes were very trendy those days, but they were only applied on the outer corner of the lid.
   The eyebrows were very high and thin but thicker than they used to be in the 30's
   The hair style was supposed to reveal the forehead, which had to be high. If the forehead was too small they waxed it until the desired shape.
   The lips had a very unusual shape. It was the first time in the make up history when they lips were semicircles.As for the colour, the lips continued to be mainly red.


 
This one is the picture I found on the Internet. You can see clearly the shape of the eyebrows, the very simple eye make up and also the shape of the lips.
The forehead is also revealed as I mentioned.









  
I had to give the pictures a vintage effect , so that they look more from that decade. I hope you like it.


   The make up I did was made at school, so I can not write the products that I have used because it is impossible to remember their names .I really hope you liked it, stay tunned for the next post! :*


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look! I've always been intrigued by the different styles of makeup used in different eras.

    xx Ellen

    http://ellendoesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, stay tuned, because I will post more make up looks of the 19th century:*

    ReplyDelete